The city we'll be in but not do anything. The ship docks at 4 am and our flight is at noon. We'll be home by 8 pm.
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Monday, September 28, 2009
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Friday, September 25, 2009
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
This actually was yesterday but I wanted yesterday's post to be on our anniversary. Today is our "Fun Day at Sea," so in other words on our way to across the Mediterranean towards Egypt.
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
1. Where/how did you meet: We met in November of my freshman year of college. It was his first year (he was on a 3-year course). We met online in a chat program called 'burbs. We met face to face at the Manchester Airport 20 months later when I went to go visit him for a month! He came back with me to Florida for a month and a half. We've been together ever since.
2. How long have you known each other: Since 1995 - 14 years.
3. How long after you met did you start dating: We talked online for about 4 months before we made plans to meet up. We were friends up to that point but decided that we wanted to be something more.
4. Where did you get engaged: At our house! In December 2006 he sent Dave & I an evite from him and Les asking us to become Marriotts. He figured since we met online, we should get engaged online.
5. How long was your engagement: 9 months.
6. How long have you been married: 2 years!
7. What is your anniversary: September 22, 2007!
8. How many people came to your wedding reception: about 60.
9. What kind of cake did you serve: I don't remember. I don't think I had any other than the first bite. It was from Uk.rop's and I remember being annoyed by the "gold" detail. I asked them specifically if it was gold looking or just yellow and the lady told me flat out it was gold. Yeah, it was yellow! I was mad because I had told her that if it was yellow I would just change the color. I only wanted gold if it was gold looking.
10. Where was your wedding: in RVA. Most of my family lives in Texas, my parents live in Florida and Kevin's family were all from England. I figured if there was going to be a lot of traveling they might as well travel to us.
11. What did you serve for your meal: Mexican themed food! We went to A Shar.per Palate. They were awesome!
12. How many people were there in your bridal party: 8 - 4 bridesmaids, 1 best man, 2 ushers and 1 junior bridesmaid. No flower girls or ring bearers though!
13. Are you still friends with them all: Sort of. My sister was the MOH, Chicken, SIL and a sorority sister were the others with a former player of mine being the junior bridesmaid. The only one I don't regularly converse with is SIL. Not since her tiff with Kevin anyways. The best man was Kevin's mate from middle school (who with his wife wrote the most awesomest recommendation letter ever for our home study!) and the ushers were a friend of his from work (in England) and a good friend of mine from college.
14. Did you or your spouse cry during the ceremony: No.
15. Most special moment of your wedding day: While Kevin and I were waiting to be introduced at the reception he took my hand and squeezed. We were finally husband and wife!
16. Any funny moments: I fell down on the dance floor! I was dancing the Cotton Eye Joe (the real one not the Red Ne.x version) and either I or my friend stepped on my train and down I went! The photographer was still there so he got a few shots of it as well!
17. Any big disasters: Nope!
18. Where did you go on your honeymoon: Two years later we're here on a cruise in the Mediterranean!
20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change: Get automatic cars! Both Kevin and I have manuals and between his friends and family not wanting to drive in the States and my friends and family not knowing how to drive stick shift getting everyone to all the places was an ordeal!
21. What side of the bed do you sleep on: The side farthest away from the door. That way if someone attacks us, I can get away while Kevin is fighting them off! :)
22. What size is your bed: Queen
23. Greatest strength as a couple: Even though from the outside we seem like opposites, we are very similar in the ways that matter.
24. Greatest challenge as a couple: Early on it was adjusting to the differences between us culturally. Coming from different heritages, nationalities and religions there were some differences. It wasn't really a huge problem but we had to discuss things pretty early that most people don't face.
25. Who literally pays the bills: Kevin. I'm such a procrastinator that I never get bills done on time even though I have the money to pay them.
26. What is your song: We don't really have a song. There are lots of songs though that bring up happy, funny or special moments.
27. What did you dance your first dance to: "You'll Never Walk Alone" sung by Gerry & The Pacemakers. I was able to convince Kevin that we should get lessons so we had the whole dance planned out! This was good for Kevin cause he was really nervous about doing it and having the whole thing choreographed made it a lot less stressful for him.
28. Describe your wedding dress: White, simple and sparkly! It was empire-waisted with detail on top and in a band on the bottom. It had straps on the shoulder. Plus it was only $149! Steal!
29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding: I'm not sure. They were all #ff6600y though!
30. Are your wedding bands engraved? No. Since the design goes all the way around they don't resize them they just give you a new one in a new size if it no longer fits properly. Funny story though, our bands are matching and only a quarter size apart. So when Kevin gave them to the priest, the priest had to ask Kevin whose were whose.
Monday, September 21, 2009
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Friday, September 18, 2009
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Well not really. But today we're getting on a plane and starting our vacation. I'm really looking forward to this trip because we've been talking about going to Egypt for a while. I've scheduled posts that say what we are going to be doing on each day. I'm hoping that once we get back I'll fill in what actually happened along with photos. Okay need to start reading up on the places we're going so I'll catch up with you all when I get back.
Thursday, September 10, 2009
The drive down wasn't that bad. Kevin had a meeting get pushed back and so he ended up not leaving the house till 12:00 so we were half an hour off. Usually we handle it in three hour shifts and did this time as well. We got to my parent's around 1am. myDad actually let Les and Dave sleep in our room which isn't normal, but starting Saturday morning, they became outside dogs.