So I am still here, still pregnant and impatient for GV to make his appearance. People ask me if I'm ready to not be pregnant and really the answer is no. Not that I loved being pregnant, but physically, it hasn't been a huge adjustment for me. I didn't have any of the yucky symptoms that usually come, I've only gained 16 lbs and I'm still just as mobile & agile (with a few extra pains). Mentally it's been a tough nine months. The anxiety and worry have been hard to deal with. Especially since normally I'm a positive happy-go-lucky kind of person. But I've only flipped out so much that I had to call the doctor once. Since then I've been able to talk myself down from the ledge.
So a few changes:
- I'm now on maternity leave. Friday was my last day of work! Because of Kevin's job situation I don't know if I'm going back. I haven't decided if I want to be a SAHM, WAHM or what. For now we need the insurance coverage so as far as work knows I'm coming back.
- We have decided to do hybrid diapers. This is where you use an outer cloth with a disposable insert. The inserts are all natural so you can compost them (or flush them down the toilet). The brand we're using is gdiapers. They are seriously the cutest thing ever. I managed to score an awesome deal with ama.zon for earth day so I have about a 4 month supply sitting in GV's room.
- His furniture has still not shown up. Officially they said 10-14 weeks, unofficially she said it'd be more like 6-8 weeks, but I was hoping it would be here by now. Yesterday was the 6 week mark.
- I finished organizing the kid's room yesterday! It no longer has stuff piled everywhere. I managed to find most everything a spot. Don't know how long this organization is going to last but I'm hoping a little while at least.
- The office is still is a disaster zone but at least everything that is suppose to be in there is actually in there. I have until Friday to actually get everything put away.
- Why Friday? Cause that's when Wiki is coming! She's heading up here for a week and a half. Hopefully GV will show up earlier during her visit.