Tuesday, October 27, 2009

♥..♥..♥..♥

There was a heartbeat! I got to see it twice!!
I left work around 3 for my 3:30 appt. Of course I hit traffic. Traffic! Why is there traffic at 3 o'clock!?! So I was actually about 10 minutes late for my appt. Kevin got there, went up to the office and they told him that I wasn't there yet. So he came back down and called me. When I finally got there we switched out so that I could check in while he parked the car. J and J2 were all smiles when I got there. They kept asking me if I was excited and I told them that I would decide after the u/s.
Dr. Grrr came in and first quickly checked that it was in the right spot and that there was a heartbeat. He then turned the screen around so that Kevin and I could see it. GV measured at 7 weeks exactly which means that I most likely ovulated on our anniversary(CD16)!! Our due date is now June 15th. Dr. Grrr did some other stuff (we got 3 pictures) and I asked him if he was sure there was a heartbeat. So he showed it to us again. After that he asked us if we were going back to Dr. P. I said yes (because as of right now that's the plan), but I might look into midwives. I'm not sure though.
So now the big dilemma is how to tell our parents. Originally we were going to video chat with my parents and mail the picture to Kevin's parents and tell them over the phone. However we just found out that myDad now has Thanksgiving off so they're thinking of coming up to visit (yes, while Kev's parents are here). So Kevin thinks we should wait till Thanksgiving to tell them. I'd be 11 weeks by then. I think it would be really cool to tell them at dinner but I really want to tell them sooner! Like this weekend! Also it would mean hanging around with Mum all week and not saying anything. I can avoid saying something when I'm talking on the phone, but in person, I'm much more of a blabbermouth. So we're trying to figure it out.

7 comments:

Hillary said...

Wonderful news, congratulations!! So happy for you! Have fun deciding how and when to tell the grandparents :)

Kate said...

Congratulations!! I am so excited for you. I can't wait to hear how you decide to tell the grandparents.

And thank you for your help with my comments. :)

A said...

Congratulations!! That is SO COOL that you ovulated on your anniversary!!!

Jessica White said...

YAY! I'm so glad that all looks well.

Amanda said...

Great! I'm so happy that everything is going so well! I think the Thanksgiving idea would be really cute, but if you can't hold out, you then go for it!

Beth said...

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! :) I personally think you should tell them SOON, just so I'm not the only IRL person who knows. jk. I do think that it would be hard to keep that news from the MIL while she's visiting though.

Whenever & however you tell them, everyone will be soooo excited! Just like our families were when we told them we were pregnant with Megan. When we were 19. Not. :)

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

How cool you o'd on your anniversary! Congrats again :)