Today you are one month old. Wow! How did we get here? You are such a special baby. Your daddy and I love you so very much. You were worth the wait.
You've had a great and busy month.
- You started in the NICU but did so well that you came out in less than 24 hours.
- When you came home both Dave and Les were infatuated with you. Dave watched over you and Les was unhappy with us anytime you fretted or cried.
- You got your first bottle from Daddy at 4 days. Mom & Nina went out during your 2pm feeding so Dad took care of you.
- Even though we had a rocky start to breastfeeding, you became a champion and it only took you 6 days to get back up to birth weight.
- Your first road trip (to Florida for Chicken's wedding) was at 6 days. You were a great traveller!
- You met Chicklet for the first time at 8 days! She gave you a big hug!
- You rolled over at 9 days! All by yourself. Daddy, Grandma, Grandpa, Nina and I were all there watching you do it.
- Your first party was at 10 days. Chicken & J's rehearsal dinner. You slept through the whole thing.
- Your second party was at 11 days. Chicken & J's wedding. You and I had our first mother-son dance. I cried because I was so happy.
- First beach visit at 12 days. We only spent about 5 minutes there because you and your mommy got really hot.
- Second road trip at 13 days. Back home. Also, you pooped on your mommy. So much poop that it came out of your diaper. Ugh!
- Grandma and Grandpa arrived for their visit when you were 17 days old. Nina missed you so much that she came too.
- Your first 4th of July at 19 days. Grandma was so excited you had three(!) outfits to wear that day. You lost your umbilical cord today.
- You met your Uncle E at 20 days. You also went out to eat for the first time. You did great! Also you pooped on your Dad while he was feeding you. Ha! Ha!
- Because your ped was on vacation when you hit 2 weeks you didn't go for your 2 week checkup till you were 3 weeks old. You rocked the scale at 10lbs 1oz. Someone is a great nurser!
- That day you finally started using your gpants. Mommy wanted to get a picture of the g on your bum, but you didn't want to. So you rolled over. Again and again. About 6 or 7 times.
- Your first bath was at 22 days. You liked it at first but then wanted to be dry again. Like now. We took way too long to pat you dry.
- Our first day on our own was at 29 days. Nina had gone home long ago, Grandma & Grandpa has left a few days earlier and Daddy went back to work. We had a great day and were very excited when Daddy came home for lunch and at the end of the day.
Daddy and I love you so much. You are the best part of us.