Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fear & Symptoms

Even if you had tried to warn me that the dread of AF before a BFP turns into FEAR of AF after a BFP I wouldn't have believed you. But it has. I think about it all the time. I question my body, my b/w results, my symptoms.
Oh, new symptom: I'm always cold. All the time, especially at night. Last night I had to pull out the flannel pajamas. This from a girl who normally only sleeps in underwear. Kevin will be sitting watching TV in a t-shirt and shorts and I'll have on a sweatshirt with a blanket. Weird.

I called J2 yesterday to try to get the u/s moved up and the most she would do was Monday. One day!?! Seriously, you're going to make me wait 17 days instead of 18? What help are you?
Today I spoke to Dr. Grrr to find out why I didn't get a second beta. He said that it would have been a waste of money. My beta/p4 results were very good so he doesn't see the need. What about peace of mind?

I've been tracking my weight for a while now and so far here are my results:

3w3d - 0/0
4w3d - +4/+4
5w3d - -1/+3
I've read all the studies/reports about how I should only gain 10-15 lbs during this pregnancy because of my existing weight. I've already gained a fifth of that! Sheesh! However I think GV might have the metabolism (I hope!) of Kevin because I'm still hungry all the time! I can't believe how much I've been eating. But I'm trying to be smart about it. No more chips or cokes while at work. Kevin is making us fruit cups with dried apricots, prunes, raisins and craisins to snack on during the day. I'm eating cottage cheese, yogurt and drinking an extra glass of milk to get that extra calcium. I also gave up Feta! Arg! So even with all this extra food I lost a pound. I have been drinking A LOT more water too.

A couple of nights ago I had to get up at 5:00 am to pee. And again when I woke up at 6:30 am. Last night I woke up at 1 am needing to pee. Well I'm not sure if I woke up because I needed to pee or if it was because the blanket weight that is Les had taken most of the blankets from me. Regardless I still needed to pee. Kevin (the lightest sleeper in the world) is loving all these night time interruptions. I haven't had the heart to tell him that it's gonna get worse before it gets better.


Thanks to everyone for the congrats and well wishes. You all are the best!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm done with the scale. I'm going to gain more than 15 lbs and as long as I am doing the best I can, I don't need to be staring at the scale and obsessing about it. You just got back from vacation, that will screw your eating and drinking patterns and you might really be fluctuating from that more than anything.

You know, you don't have to give up feta. As long as it's pasteurized it's ok. Be wary of restaurants if you aren't sure. I actually did the absolute best with my weight when I was eating a daily hummus/tomato/onion/FETA pita for lunch (I'm not eating that so much these days cause the onion kills me now). But still stay away from unpasteurized and blue veined cheeses, brie, and camembert. Sprouts are also a no-no if you eat them.

Jessica White said...

My scale says I've gained 10 lbs (and am at 187) the scale at my doctor's says 197...I'm going with my scale.

I'm so excited for you guys!

Andrea said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you! :-)

Joy@WDDCH said...

Coming over from Andrea's blog to say congrats!!! And don't worry so much about the weight stuff. I was told to gain around 15 lbs because of my weight and I've gained a little over 30 lbs. There's nothing you can do about it except eat healthy (which I did)!

A said...

I think I'll probably have the same fears!! And where did your baby ticker go? You're making me nervous!!!

Life Happens said...

Your husband is great to make snacks for you guys. Good luck with everything.

I have two awards for you on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Oh, man, get used to the fear. It will be one thing or another for the rest of your life...M/C, SIDS, car accidents, sketchy friends, international travel. This kid will put your heart through the wringer. Isn't it great? :)