On Thursday I had someone email me about the TV we put on craig.slist. We made arrangements for them to come see it on Friday. But Friday evening came and went and they didn't show. However Friday another person emailed me about the TV so I emailed them back yesterday. Hopefully they still want it. Still no bites on the bookcase.
My plan was to finish packing up and clearing out the guest room by Thursday so that we could do the prep on Friday and Kevin could paint on Saturday. Yeah, didn't quite work out. I didn't finish packing and clearing till Saturday morning, then I went to get the supplies (sandpaper, roller refills, TSP and of course primer and paint).
So here's the room we started with:
We spent most of the early afternoon cleaning and patching the walls. The previous owner had painted 2 1/3 walls a dark grey color. Even though the room has three windows because we have so many trees, it doesn't really get that much light. The other 1 2/3 were left the builder's white. I'm not sure if they did this on purpose, only had one can of paint (the room needs about 1 1/2 gallons for all the walls) or didn't want to mess with the awkward angles of the alcove. They didn't really do a good job painting so after we moved in I had to go buy more paint (they left the can in the garage) and fix the edges and clean up the trim. They hit the ceiling quite a few times! There were also tons of little nail holes in the wall.
Anyways Kevin didn't start priming the walls till about 4 or so. It's a bit awkward priming because part of the room is unpainted (well hasn't been painted since the builder did it) and the other part has a glossy dark paint.
And it's been killing me to be downstairs while Kevin gets to paint. I actually enjoy painting and am quite good at it. Kevin really doesn't like to paint so I'm sure he wishes we could switch places too.
So progress as of this morning: