Monday, January 11, 2010

18 Weeks

How far along: 18 Weeks 1 Day
Total weight gain/loss: +1 lbs according to my scale. Kevin is starting to freak that I'm not gaining weight. We took a belly picture of me yesterday and compared it to when I was 12 weeks and it looks the exact same. I think I'm kind of freaked too.
Maternity clothes: Normal clothes still. I wore some maternity pants to church yesterday and I felt like a fraud. I totally don't need them at all.
Sleep: I finally broke down and bought an L-shaped pillow. It worked, kind of. When I didn't throw it off the bed.
Food cravings/aversions: Potatoes! A craving finally! I can't get enough of them. Fried, baked, roasted or boiled, it doesn't matter, I want it. Hashbrowns, fries or tater tots work too.
Gender: 2 weeks ... still waivering.
Movement: I think I was overreaching on the quickening post. Although a few nights ago I was on my back when I first got in bed and then moved to my left side. Shortly after I felt a weird thing. It felt like I was being poked from the inside out. Soft, gentle, quick but deliberate.
Best moment this week: Thinking that I felt movement.
What I miss: Not having a sore ute.
I am looking forward to: Feeling the baby move. Especially now!
Weekly wisdom: Everything happens in it's own time.
Milestones: A lot of the blogs I browse/lurk had miscarriage news on them. I think I read like 5 or 6 different ones on Friday from 5 weeks all the way to 18 weeks. That's kind of scary. So my milestone this week is that I made it to 18 weeks.

4 comments:

Life Happens said...

Congrats for reaching 18 weeks. And only gainin 1 pound?! You're probably one of those super skinny women before pregnancy, during pregnancy and after pregnancy!

Priscilla said...

Congratulations!! 18 Weeks!!! :) Hope you feel some really strong kicks soon!!! So exciting!!!!

Amanda said...

Almost half way there! Don't worry about size... your dr will be (if he/she hasn't yet) measuring your fundus and that's what counts... along with the u/s too of course. Staying small is probably a good thing. I'm going to be paying for packing on all this in a couple of weeks and wishing I hadn't.

Jessica White said...

I'd say you most certainly felt movement. Don't worry about gaining...I only gained a total of 15lbs the whole pregnancy.