Friday, January 22, 2010

Updating...

Yesterday Les got her teeth cleaned. Apparently her gums were really inflamed. They put dogs under when they're doing deep cleanings. When I got home (Kev and Dave were at agility class) she greeted me at the door but she wasn't her usual jumpy excited self. Her tail was down, her ears were down and she had these big glassy eyes looking up at me. So after I put my stuff down, we had a bit of a cuddle. Which was nice because she isn't usually a cuddly dog. Anyways she was kind of out of it the rest of the evening. Hopefully she'll be more like herself today. They put an IV in her so she has a shaved bald patch on her leg. Her skin is very spotty! Like a dalmation! Who knew she had spots under all that white fur.
Less that a week to go till I see GV! I'm excited but a bit apprehensive. Before our first ultrasound we saw Marl.ey & Me on TV. Yeah, the ultrasound scene really scared the crap out of me...that's what put the whole blighted ovum thought in my head. Then last night we were watching the latest episode of Ugl.y Bet.ty and it was the same thing! While we're watching it, Kevin tells me "Don't pay attention!" because I think he knew just how crazy M&M got me.
Most mornings after we wake up and I take my levothyro.xine, I usually have to pee. Afterwards I get back into bed and Kevin and I lie there listening to the radio station. Sometimes if I'm very still I think I feel GV moving. I'm not sure if it's real or just my stomach rumbling but I'm choosing to believe that it's Garden View.

3 comments:

A said...

Hope your u/s is perfect!! That is so cool you're starting to feel GV :)

Andrea said...

I was about that far along when I felt Evan move for the first time. A little over a week later he was kicking so hard that Matt could feel him from the outside. :-) So amazing!!!

Priscilla said...

Cant wait to hear all about you u/s! And you're feeling your baby!!!! SO EXCITING!! :)

Oh, and hope the clean-teeth puppy feels better soon!!